2014 Students for Concealed Carry National Conference
We’re pleased to announce that Students for Concealed Carry is holding our third National Conference in Washington D.C.
So far the itinerary includes a panel of women speaking of their experiences in gun-free zones on college campuses, an academic panel for legal analysis, military and police trainers, and state legislators from across the country.
We also have a limited number of travel and hotel vouchers available for those traveling from outside the area. For information about these, be sure to contact Michael Guzman, SCC Conference Liasion, and Dr. John Lott of the Crime Prevention Research Center as soon as you can so they can get reservations set up for you.
The 2014 Conference is going to take place on Tuesday, August 5, 2014 from Noon to 4:30PM.
We’re holding the conference at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., the same place as our 2011 Conference!
National Press Club is at:
529 14th St, NW, 13th Floor
Washington DC 20045
We’re looking forward to seeing students, faculty, parents and any other campus carry supporters there, and if you’ve wanted to work more at the national level, here’s your chance to meet national board members and influential figures in the campus carry movement!
Schedule of Events
- Women victims and gun-free zones on college campuses
- Alexandria (Allie) Lainez, University of Northern Florida
- Taylor Woolrich, Dartmouth
- Holly Adams
- Nicole Goeser
- John Lott, President, Crime Prevention Research Center
- Chelsea Parsons, Director, Crime and Firearms Policy, Center for American Progress
- Joyce Lee Malcolm, George Mason University
- Steven W. Dulan, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Clayton Cramer, College of Western Idaho
- Jan Morgan, Law Enforcement and Civilian Instructor
- Sheriff Al Cannon, Charleston County, South Carolina
- SCC Lawsuit Against Ohio State University
- Derek DeBrosse, Esq., Barney DeBrosse, LLC
- Curt Oda (UT), House Judiciary Chairman
- Andrea LaFontaine (MI), State Representative
- Student Panel
- Stephanie Youssef, University of Illinois
- Kimberly M. Shepard, Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Leadership Institute Workshop
- Grassroots Activism for College Students
- Concluding Remarks