What is it?
The Empty Holster Protest is SCC’s signature attention-getter. It’s a peaceful demonstration that involves students wearing empty holsters to class, distributing literature, and holding debates or speaking events.
SCC members are protesting college polices and/or state laws that disarm law-abiding citizens who are legally permitted to carry a concealed firearm in hundreds of other locations in their respective states. Since criminals do not honor rules against firearms, these dangerous policies stack the odds against students and in favor of criminals. The empty holster is a token symbolizing that disarming all law-abiding citizens creates defense-free zone which are attractive targets to a for criminals.
How can I join?
- Register your attendance on our Facebook event.
- Visit our states page and contact a Campus Leader or Regional Director in your area.
- Start a Students for Concealed Carry chapter with your school.
What if I’ve already graduated?
- Send a letter to your alma mater expressing your support for the basic right to self-defense by students, faculty and staff.
- Donate to SCC – just $5, $10 or $20 can make a difference in our fight for students’ rights.
- Write your state representatives, especially if there is a campus carry bill pending in your state.